One person I always look up her blog is “pressure queen” Desaha, she terms that as stalking but you see let’s all ignore the semantic. Maybe that’s the name given to someone who breathes on your neck to write. She’s among the top bloggers I discovered this year and you can check her blog here. She’s a big girl. I visited her blog today and as it turned out, she’s nominated me for the LIEBSTER AWARD. Girl, much thanks to you for this nomination. I appreciate.
The purpose of the award is to uncover bloggers, “connect and support the blogging community”. It also helps in providing a bigger platform for your blog and other bloggers.
Rules of The Liebster Award:
- Create a new blog with the graphic of the ward thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog.
- Create a set of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and share your blog post with them so they can accept their awards.
Aim and Objectives Liebster Award:
“The Liebster Award is a blogger award for new bloggers and those with few or small followers. It’s an amazing way of giving new bloggers an opportunity to gain some recognition and encouragement for their hard works”.
DESAHA’S QUESTIONS AND MY RESPONSE
1. DO YOU GOOGLE YOURSELF TO SEE IF YOUR BLOG WOULD COME UP?
Sometimes. Especially when I haven’t written or posted anything in a long time.
2. WHAT MADE YOU START BLOGGING?
Was enthused by the works of two people; veteran journalist George Sydney Abugri, whom I started reading his columns in the Daily Graphic when I was in JSS, Letter to Jomo and Kofi Yankey, who introduced me to his works during our time at the University of Cape Coast.
3. HOW DO YOU MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO KEEP YOUR BLOG UP AND RUNNING?
I posted my first article in March 2014, and since then, I’ve thrown a challenge to myself to write every month. The motivation comes in when I’m nearing the end of a month and there’s no article written. At that moment, I realize I’m on the verge of committing a “crime” or “sin”, perhaps it has been done already, thus cleansing needs to be done.
4. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY THAT IS THE GREATEST SATISFACTION OF BEING A BLOGGER?
When people other than yourself keep reminding you to write and post something when you haven’t done that in a while. It brings a sense of urgency within and an appreciative feeling that one’s work is being welcomed.
5. HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON WHAT BLOG TO FOLLOW?
I give priority to blogs whose theme and subject matter meet my interests; Satire, Fiction, Tech, Entrepreneurship, etc.
I AM HEREBY NOMINATING THE FOLLOWING BLOGGERS TO FOLLOW UP WITH THEIRS;
JOSEPHINE AMOAKO – JOSEYPHINA’S WORLD
KWAKU GYAMFI – WRITINGS OF THE BEAUTIFUL ONE
ABOKI CLEDRE – TALES FROM MADINA
SELASI KOMLA ADJOR – SELA’S LINES AND STANZAS
LIGRI NABA – PLAIN TALK FOR PLAIN PEOPLE
BELOW ARE THE QUESTIONS I HAVE FOR MY NOMINEES;
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING?
- HAVE YOU FACED ANY DIFFICULTIES IN YOUR BLOGGING LIFE?
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU POST ARTICLES ON YOUR BLOG?
- HAVE YOU BEEN IMPACTED POSITIVELY BY ANY BLOG/BLOGGER?
- WHICH DO YOU ENJOY DOING MOST – READING OR BLOGGING?
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I always end my articles with the Spanish phrase HASTA LA VISTA (See You Later)
- I pick the titles of my articles from the last sentence in that article.
- My all time favorite movie is TROY. Directed by Wolfgang Petersen.
- Although I’m a Christian, I believe the whole concept of hellfire is misconstrued and overrated.
- I had my basic education in the Western Region, secondary education in the Ashanti Region and tertiary education in the Central Region.
- Of the 10 regions in Ghana, I’ve been to 7. Hoping to complete all 10 soon.
- I don’t have a favorite food.
- I have read 5 of Shakespeare’s works but completed only 1 – Julius Caesar
- I prefer African authors to foreign authors. More priority to Nigerian authors
- I’ve seen all I’ve written but haven’t written all I have seen
Thanks for the Liebster Award
HASTA LA VISTA